О проекте "Идеи для музеев: биография музейной компьютеризации"
Проект был реализован во время работы над магистерской диссертацией в Университете Лестера, Великобритания. Тема исследования - сравнительный анализ компьютеризации музеев в России и Великобритании. Интервью послужили одним из основных источников информации для исследования.
About the project
- What is this project?
- «Ideas for Museums: a Biography of Museum Computing» is a research project about the history of museum computerization. The idea is to collect interviews with museum professionals who were/are working on implementing digital technologies in everyday museum practice.
- What is this website?
- This website is a digital archive dedicated to collecting and sharing the experiences of museum staff concerning museum computerisation
- What kind of information can be found here?
- Interviews with museum professionals who were/are working on implementing digital technologies in everyday museum practice. There’s also a list of published materials on the subject of museum computerisation.
- Why interviews?
- Although there are quite a lot of papers on the subject they mostly present dry facts or speculations. We take a more human approach and are looking for first-hand experiences, that’s why the project is called Ideas for Museums: a Biography of Museum Computing.
- What historical period of computerisation is presented here?
- From its dawn in the 1960s to the modern days.
- What is the geography of the project?
- At the moment the project only deals with the experiences of museum workers from the U.K. and Russia, but the aim is to collect as much data as we can from all over the world. What is the ultimate goal of the project? To create a major online resource containing data on the history of museum computing.
- How do I use the website?
- All the materials published here can be used for purposes of research and self-education, as long as you list the website as your source. For all other uses please contact the founder of the project at firstname.lastname@example.org